Thursday, October 15, 2009

Working Out Lingo




Wow I can already feel my arms getting sore and I just finished working out. My Fiancé and I have started using these new workout DVDs that are eXtreme. They are from the P90X series. It is the step up from the original Power 90 DVDs that we started on. We did the Shoulders and Arms strength training workout. The premise is that if you stick with the workouts for 90 days you will see extreme results and boy do I believe it. My butt is sore from the Kempo Karate P90X workout that we did yesterday. There were lots of kicks! The guy in the picture to the left is Tony Horton the Power 90 leader, he is super ripped and in shape and he's 52! He's double my age and I have a hard time keeping up with him!

I can't wait to start seeing real results. I know that I'm losing because a lot of my clothes are feeling loose but I still don't see it in the mirror. I've heard that that happens with a lot of people. I'm not discouraged though because I feel like I have a ton more energy. Maybe its time for some comparison pictures? I took some a week or two after I started WW. You can see those on a previous post. 

As I browse the weight watchers website I've noticed that there are several shorthands that people are using in their blogs and in the message boards. Sometimes it takes me a second to understand, "what the heck are they talking about?" But then it comes to me. Here are just a couple of the weight watchers acronyms that I have decoded:

WW = Weight Watchers (obviously I knew that one)
OP = On Plan
WI = Weigh In
BLTs = Bites, Licks, & Tastes (which add up to points!)

Does anyone else know of any other abbreviations or acronyms that are used on e-tools or in your meetings or just in general health and exercise discussion? Post them in the comments I'd love to add more to my personal WW dictionary! 

No comments:

Post a Comment