Friday, September 17, 2010

Smile You're Amazing

Hi Everyone! Welcome to my new blog! I am a brand new mom. I had a beautiful baby girl almost 6 weeks ago. Everyday I am amazed by how much she is changing and growing. I'm gonna be writing about all of the little amazing things I learn and notice about my wonderful baby girl. She has been smiling for a few weeks now, the parenting magazines and emails say that before 5 weeks it was just gas, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't just gas. She would smile when I talked to her and kiss her cheeks. Which sounds like social smiling, something that the experts say doesn't occur until 5-6 weeks. Above is a picture I took after kissing her cheeks when she was 3 weeks old. My baby girl is gifted and talented! I'm not sure when babies are supposed to be able to roll, but Mikayla has been rolling from her back to her side for about 3 weeks. I caught a video of her rolling last week. Maybe she is so advanced in her development because she was one week and 2 days past her due date. I don't pretend to be an expert so please don't take anything I write as fact. I'm just sharing my observations.

No comments:

Post a Comment