Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The County Fair and Pants

This Friday I had the first major test of my weight loss progress. The San Mateo County Fair!! At those types of event I normally can't leave without buying a big bag of kettle corn. I thought about not going at all, but I can't live my life hiding from everything tasty so I prepared for it, plus Boys II Men was also playing. It just so happened that weight watchers has a telepathic connection with me because there was an article about summer weight loss danger zones which included fairs. It had a listing of common fair foods and their point values. Some of them were shocking, like the turkey leg it is 27 points and the funnel cake, one of my amusement park weaknesses, is 12 points and I don't think that includes the strawberries and syrup that is normally on it. I printed out the list to keep on me at the fair. So as I was wandering around the fair smelling all the yummy smells I just pulled out my points list and repeated to myself, "it is not worth going over my daily points." I also brought some low calorie snacks with me, like the weight watchers cheddar twists. Sadly when we got there the auditorium was already full so the fire marshal wouldn't let anyone else in. We didn't see Boys II Men. We did get to see the pig races though.

San Mateo County Fair me

I weighed in on Sunday and I lost another 2.8 pounds! Mike, my fiance, was so proud he bought me a present. It is a fancy water bottle and holder it also has places for my iPod, cell, and keys. It is awesome. I was tired of putting all that stuff in my bra. Have you ever noticed that women's workout pants rarely have any pockets, or at least the ones I have don't. You could always wear those swishy pants but then you make that swishing noise everywhere you go and there is the risk of starting a fire. Plus whenever I try to put my cell, iPod, and keys in the pocket, it's all so heavy that they start to sag. So basically I prefer the curve hugging stretchy pants or sweats and thats why all my paraphernalia ends up in my bra. Thanks to Mike I don't have that problem anymore.

My present from Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment