Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The beginning

I began my most recent weight loss journey four weeks ago, since then I have lost 10.8 pounds. I started the weight watchers program on July 19th after hearing about the success one of my co-workers had had on the program before her wedding. I'm getting married in almost exactly one year and I hope to be healthier and in better physical shape than I am now by then. The co-worker I mentioned before has also started Weight Watchers back up and another co-worker has also joined. One of their key mottos is to track things. You track your food intake, you track your weight. They even suggest tracking your measurements and clothes sizes. I'm am tracking using their e-tools website and going to weekly meetings. I also want to track the differences in my physical appearance. I searched my computer and phone to find a good "Before" photo, but I realized that I don't have a single picture that is more than the shoulders up. So below there is the most recent picture of me I had on my computer. It is from the fourth of July this year so I figure that's close enough.

July 4th, 2009

I had already started to make some changes. I knew I was overweight and I had started to be more conscious of it so I unconsciously had already started paying attention to what I was eating and maybe even losing some weight. Take a look at the difference between one month ago and in February of this year (See Picture Below).

0201091232

Tell me what you think, had there already been some weight loss? If not oh well there are two picture to compare as before photos. Keep coming back and you can see my progress.

I'm not ready to post my weight here yet, for the whole world to see, but probably once I lose more I'll spill the beans. I will tell you that I am very close to my first goal which is to lose 5% of my original weight from when I joined Weight Watchers. I have also been using the Nintendo Wii to weigh myself in between weekly weigh ins, From Sunday to Wednesday morning I lost 0.7 pounds. I have to celebrate the little victories! I'd like to loose at least 2 pounds a week. That means I should reach my goal weight in about 41 weeks, that is just enough time to buy a wedding dress. If you are smart and good at math you can probably figure out how much I weigh with all the information I gave you, and you thought you'd never use algebra in real life! LOL! Well I hope you see less of me next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment