Thursday, February 20, 2014

Stuck

Just finished watching the movie Stuck in Love. In the first scene that Kristen Bell shows up I can't stop thinking to myself “Princess Anna of Arindelle what are you doing?! Get off of Greg Kinnear!"

Disney Movie Lover Problems!

But really I actually really liked the movie and it has inspired me. It's a family of writers and it has me thinking maybe, maybe I can be a writer too!

I think I need to just write just for the sake of writing. That's how I'll start, just write to write, not to be read because I think that's what's stopping me. I have this fear or embarrassment that someone will actually read what I write and then they'll somehow know everything about me, every deep dark secret, every skeleton will be on display.

That is scary.

So writing for a tiny bit there was so scary to me that I hated it, it became my enemy, and I've decided that I need to get to know my enemy. “In that moment when I truly understand my enemy,  understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him. - A.E. Wiggins" - Orson Scott Card, Ender's Game.

Maybe I'm not scared to write this because I don't think anyone will read it. Or maybe I'm freaked out of my mind. Either way, more to come! Dun dun duuunnn! (Say it out loud with your hands playing the air piano.)

P.S. Air piano is cooler than air guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment