Sunday, January 23, 2011

Domesticity

Becoming a mom has changed several things about me and how I perceive myself. I never used to think of my self as domestic... it was almost a bad word in my mind I thought of my self as a wild and crazy independent person! But now I see domesticity in a totally different light. Domesticity means literally home or family life. I have a home! and a family! I guess that makes me domestic. Believe me I am no Susie Homemaker, but I have started doing some out of character things. Like cleaning and not just cause we're expecting guests, but just because, although I'm sure I'm still not up to my husband's standards... I started a garden. Well sort of, I bought some herbs, cleared some dirt and put down compost, but haven't planted anything yet and I'm planning to plant vegetables and start composting. I, of course love caring for my daughter and husband. Also I've been cooking. Ok I used to cook, but before they needed to be easy and fast meals. Recently I have made Quiche and Lasagna and Black Bean Soup (with several ingredients, not as easy as it sounds. I swear there was a lot of soaking and cooking and chopping involved). Check out my tumblr for more photos of my yummy adventures! West Coast Crafty Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment