Friday, September 11, 2009

Exercise!

Hey Folks! So I had a pretty decent weigh in on Sunday. I lost a total of 3.6 pounds. That brought me up to a grand total of 20.2 pounds lost! I feel like I am right on track. I have lost more than the recommended 2 pounds per week, but I don't feel like I am losing out of control. I owe a lot of my success to my fiance because he is my motivator and he keeps me exercising. We have been trying out new exercises since the start of our weight loss journey. We were working out 6 days a week, but this week is our vacation so we haven't been as good. Here are some of the exercises I have been doing.

  • Playing Catch with a Baseball (I got my first mitt)
  • Passing Drills with a Soccer Ball
  • Walking/Jogging Around the Lake or Track
  • Playing Tennis (or at least trying to play)
  • Power 90 Workout DVD (we tried P90X, hella hard!)
  • Yoga
We have gotten into the routine of doing the Power 90 workout and then going to the track. I will usually walk half a lap then jog half a lap and repeat that for 6 to 8 laps, 1.5-2 miles. Mike usually runs that 1.5-2 miles and laps me a couple of times. I don't mind as long as I have my iPod. I have a great Workout Playlist. My current workout favorite songs are anything by Lady Gaga. She wouldn't normally be my favorite musician, but she has some great pump you up music. Next time I will post my top ten workout songs. We will be going to Lake Del Valle in Livermore today to canoe or row a boat. Maybe we'll even ride horses.

During my normal weight loss browsing I found two interesting things. After writing about Men Vs. Women weight loss I found this book by Weight Watchers called She Loses, He Loses: The Truth about Men, Women, and Weight Loss. I ordered it on Amazon and I should get it early next week. I will review it for you once I'm done with it. The other interesting thing was a handy little thing called a snack widget. You put into it what you are craving and it suggest better alternatives. I tried to embed it here but for some reason it doesn't like the code so click here or go to snackwidget.com


Well I hope you see less of me next time (my weight watchers leader always says, I hope to see less of you all next week!)

No comments:

Post a Comment