Saturday, February 28, 2009

Handmade Pin Cushion

Hello again!
I will be slowly adding pictures of some of my crafty craftiness. Today I had some pictures of my first attempt at a pin cushion. I believe I got the pattern from BurdaStyle, a great website with sewing patterns, some for free and some for a small fee. But they have tons of free ones! I love Free! So this pin cushion is 90% recycled materials. The top and bottom are old scrub tops from when I worked at a Veterinary Hospital. They were given to me by a co-worker, FREE. The stuffing is scraps from those shirts after I ripped the seems, plus I also made a bag out those two shirts.. oH I  should take pictures of that too.. anyways the only non recycled things are the thread used to sew it, the yarn stretched around it, and the button in the center. However the yarn was left over from some baby booties I made so it is semi-recycled :)



Pin Cushion top view
Pin Cushion

No comments:

Post a Comment